Monday, September 05, 2005

an impromptu blogo-start

In the past day -- Sunday into Monday (our Labor Day in the US), I've been reading blogs of miscellaneous writers associated with CAFERATI -- out of general / discursive literary interest, but also more particularly inspired by emerging plans involving an upcoming, brief trip to India, Mumbai-side (a couple months from now -- as an exploratory step toward possibly reloating myself there -- drawn to enter study of dhrupad; that being another story -- about which more later).

Stumbling on a few recent poems (particularly "I'm breaking this habit", as well as two decent villanelles), by a certain unfamiliar Delhi-based poet who seemed to show talent -- exhibiting a blend of heartbreak+wit that strikes a happy (& I daresay not unfamiliar) chord in my ear, I wanted to post a comment. But discovered one must be a blogger to log a comment. Ergo, presto! I'm now a blogger.

Having dipped this toe in the bloggosphere lake, I'll likely follow this with other notes, perchance germane to the above-mentioned travel plans & suchlike.

cheers,
d.i.

6 Comments:

Blogger david raphael israel said...

how much should one edit one's own postS? Self-comment is another form of editing. Belatedly I see my "Delhi-based poet" was amiss. I had been reading another blog (of someone indeed in Delhi) just prior to perusing Manisha Lakhi's poems, & confounded the two. Manisha's Profile (contrarily) identifies her location as "Trouble" (a place which, in my general experience, might put her most anywhere). But other posts & things seem to suggest a possible migration from Hyderabad to Mumbai. This note serves by way of geographic corrective & preemptory apology.

Mon Sep 05, 11:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

ayyah [if that may be considered a hyper-emphatic form of oops] --

New to the blogosphere (if that may serve as standard neophyte excuse), I'm stumbling over my virtual feet. First the Delhi error. Now I see my 1st comment has misspelled Ms. Lakhe's last name. Kindly accept herewith the double apology -- terse, to cut my losses. [comments, unlike originals, are uncorretable meseems]

cordially &c.,
d.i.

Mon Sep 05, 11:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

pps: ah I see, but one CAN delete one's comments. However, perhaps I subscribe to the pentimento school of thought. So will leave this as a small congries of adjusted errors -- a thing more interesting or revealing (or something) than polished dull finalisms (possibly).

Mon Sep 05, 12:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger manisha lakhe said...

i am forever in trouble David, whether i am in seattle or mumbai...

he may have smiled enigmatically at tagore, but Krishna laughs at me all the time (at my many efforts to find him in people, i suppose)... and one day when you are singing the dhrupad, you will hear him too!

Tue Sep 06, 11:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

Manisha--

what an amusing/beautiful/heartbroken remark! Your comment about dhrupad, I'll accept as a kind of blessing; shukria.

Good wishes with your writing. As noted, there's much to like in what you've been doing. And browsing thru both your blog and Caferati (though I've not read thru all of your work in those places), there's a sense of growth & arriving at stronger, more on-the-mark language as the months have progressed (I'd hazard saying).

For anyone wondering, Manisha Lakhe's comment vis-a-vis Krishna (and Tagore) is apropos of my comment on Caferati, here: (the cool marble floor)

all best,
d.i.

Tue Sep 06, 12:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger The Wizard of Odd said...

*nods*

in such ways are wars begun, love won, toadstools taken and worlds wrought.

*grins at the ayyah bit*

likest muchly the self-reflective bit. And the sept 5 vilanelle.

Tell the story of shantu, soonish.

Wed Sep 07, 08:33:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home