Monday, October 31, 2005

"heartbreak" [ghazal]

Others desire love     I desire   heartbreak
what was I thinking of?     my desire   heartbreak

O you whose cheeks & eyes   suggest such happiness!
can you fulfill enough     of my desire   heartbreak?

Loveliness first is required     cruel can come later
& when the going gets tough?     I desire   heartbreak

I speak of sailing ships     & kings   & cabbages
I yearn for waters rough     & my desire   heartbreak

Every pleasure I sought     fell short of this treasure
where's the pain could snuff     my desire   heartbreak?

O happiness!   O beauty!     O insanity!
here are my wrists!   come cuff   my desire   heartbreak

The beloved existed before the world arose
the rose's thorn won't rebuff     my desire   heartbreak

Did your heart profess its happiness?   what a young cigarette!
here's a vintage cigar   come puff   my desire   heartbreak

Politeness is for kindergardeners     Ph.D.s
need language fuckin' gruff     they desire   heartbreak

Sweet gentle thought!     is it civilization's   trumpcard?
O why does the cardsharp's bluff     so desire   heartbreak?

I sing the beloved!     & love the pain   of singing
I cry to the bank     a chuff   who desired   heartbreak

When Majnun's love for Laila matured     did he need to meet Laila?
his heart fell in love with the love     of desiring   heartbreak

It's true that Farhad reached Shirin     past the mountain of pain
did he love Shirin more than his suffering   desire for   heartbreak?

Ardeo!   just give me the minimal scoop     skip embellishment
what use has all of your stuff?     why desire   heartbreak?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Fri Nov 13, 03:59:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home