Friday, December 30, 2005

Contagion's Dangers     [a responsive pleasantry]

"happiness is virulent"   she said
"it seems you've got the illness"   I answered

"might you share a little?"   I inquired
"can you bear the symptoms?"   she countered

this continued   for a slue of lines
in the end   anyway   she kissed me

intellectually worsted   by her comity
I rashly   hurtled caution to the winds




[The above pleasantry was composed by way of reply to a verse that had appeared on a literary forum. Said original verse may be found on the blog of its author, Asmita Sinha. Needless to say, responsibility for the pleasantry's interpretation (or misinterpretation) of the originating verse, resides with the present blogger.]
    Warning

    Don't touch me
    You, too, will be tainted
    Happiness is infectious

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home