Monday, December 26, 2005

singing soft in dark corners   [ghazal]

If all efforts in life turn to mush     will something survive?
if no word's yet emerged from the hush   has something survived?

we went searching for you all our days! you were worse than obscure!
did you deem us excessively rushed?       we but tried to survive

you're our oxygen!     it's bizarre we still breathe   after years
you're diffused in the sky & the brush?   that's how we've survived?

I came down from the hills     to join the parade of the blind
though I'm secretly doubtful if such   will long let me survive

you'd promised a rose!     & forgot to make mention of thorns
I'm enjoying your thorns   but what's with the rose?   she survived?

it's shameful incompetence   keeps me from dancing more gracefully
though I fall on my face in a blush         you help me survive

singing soft in dark corners inanely         brings joy to Ardeo
do they bellow in bright tapestries lush?   our night may survive


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home