Monday, December 05, 2005

"When I Die"


When I die you'll
    recollect
my kisses on your
    cheek & neck?
don't make for me a
    solomn shrine
your silent heartbeat
    I'll detect
from anywhere : nor
    creed nor sect
nor symbol need you
    keep : no sign
except perchance one
    glass of wine
whose surface may your
    cheek reflect
& if it touch (fond glass) your lips
if ruby thus sweet ruby greets
I'll drown again in quiet sips
to live within the heart that beats
O tender heart in gentle breast
with you my heart e'en now connects
no lip my soul has yet expressed
-- but when I die you'll recollect?

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Nitoo Das~ said...

Writing poems for pictures is something I love doing. It's so easy to get the words to weave together when there is an image in front of you. Both the photos that you've used are very nice.

Mon Dec 05, 09:32:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home