Friday, February 03, 2006

"what roundelay"           [ghazal]

While the past is drained away   the now subsists
as the piper gains his pay   the now subsists

in the dawn   extinct redemption sealed our fate
in the dusk of fortune's day   we now subsist

I forgot what brought me here   I've lost the roadmap!
at the parting of each way   the now subsists

I should love to join their argument   & brawl
can my tongue but dully say   the now subsists?

in my youth   I looked to poetry seeking green
has the scene all gone to gray?   what now subsists?

when Ardeo strove to sing   romantic lays
his musicians slipped away   who now subsists?

flowers bloom on far horizons   friends assured me
can you glimpse them through the fray   that now subsists?

barely breathing!   it's a sign of gracious love
mercy's shy to show her play   that now subsists

lonely dogs delight in barking   in the eve!
morning's donkeys love to bray   while now subsists

this could seem that lovelorn note   my soul inscribed
this might be the way it prayed   that now subsists

if you seek him where he lives   Ardeo's niche
nestles westward from dismay   he now subsists

in the silence of the deep   Ardeo gleamed
could you heed what roundelay   there now subsists?


3 Comments:

Blogger Neetee said...

This is totally away from the subject - forgive me - I just realized while going through past comments that I did not use the 'words' you had sent me for my newest story. I'm very sorry. It was an oversight. All I can say is that my time was quite hectic then and I neglected to use several other words also.

If you don't mind, I would like to use your words for my next story. I will alert you when it's done.

Fri Feb 03, 05:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger ~Nitoo Das~ said...

You've been tagged!

Sat Feb 04, 06:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

Q NT fine!
words can wait
take yer time
no expiry date

River -- uh oh!

tagged am I? like a poorman asked
how he'd spend a billion bucks
the attributes of my perfect lover
ennumerate now? -- well shucks ...

Sat Feb 04, 10:49:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home