Saturday, March 11, 2006

"Lost in thought"           [rubaiyat]


Lost in thought   day after day   am I
tossed & caught   day after day   am I
the essential continuities   still elude me
crossed & fraught   day after day   am I

I yearn to find   the very bottom of thinking
within my mind   the very bottom of thinking
the content of thought   is merely the swirling of water
define it cannot   the very bottom of thinking

Whatever I came to do   remains undone
whatever I came to spin   remains unspun
the rounds begin & end   but still I'm baffled
whatever I cam to win   remains unwon

There's a keening in the heart   that pines for truth
there's a keening in the heart   that starts in youth
the celebrants grow merry   into the evening
there's a keening in the heart   again forsooth

2 Comments:

Blogger Vasudev Murthy said...

David, are you down a bit?

A nice reflective poem.

Fri Mar 10, 07:45:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jyothi Kapur Das said...

If you dream, it is already a reality somewhere.
believe it and you shall find strength.
to dream
some more.

Sat Mar 11, 11:22:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home