Monday, March 06, 2006

"Your every word"             [villanelles]

and remember --
hit the ‘send’ button.

    Alaka Yeravadekar, Please don’t send me fwds


Your every word I love to comprehend
ambrosial words of yours my eyeballs read
but only when you write & then hit send

perhaps you wait to edit & amend?
alas! you starve my brain's desire & need
your every word I love to comprehend

our time of life each moment we expend
we purchase what? our action sows what seed?
explain it please to me! & then hit send

an error naturally we would forfend
are lazy words so dangerous indeed?
your every word I love to comprehend

each line is like a vile in which we blend
the newt the leaf the ingot   what we bleed
becomes a rose that blooms when we hit send

deliberate or impromptu?   words unpenned
were promises the keyboard's dance has freed!
your every word I love to comprehend
delighted when you write & then hit send


4 Comments:

Blogger Vasudev Murthy said...

unusual. In a reflective mood are we?

Mon Mar 06, 04:42:00 AM PST  
Blogger Banno said...

Delightful. Love "the promises the keyboard's dance has freed" And "are lazy words dangerous?"

Tue Mar 07, 04:04:00 AM PST  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

Professor Murthy,
I'm afraid a reflective mood & moi are seemingly as inseparable as water & its quality of wetness. (Although perhaps I make this remark in a hyperbolic mood.) But thanks for noticing. ;-)

Srimati Batul,

really I'm delighted to have you as reader, and to note -- as here -- what catches your astute attention.

btw I'd initially written "pantomimes" for "promises" -- but changed it, feeling more interesting & fuller meanings to emerge with the other P word (at least as set in this stanza).

cheers,
d.i.

Tue Mar 07, 06:54:00 AM PST  
Blogger Banno said...

Yes, "promises" does evoke more.

Tue Mar 07, 07:06:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home