Friday, April 28, 2006

"A lucky thing"         [reflexive invective]


If you'd been anyone else but me
a pitiful bore you'd entirely be
it's a lucky thing that I am you
your company I'd else eschew
for someone's more consistently suave
whose abilities weren't thin as crepes
a bit less filled with pseudo-bhav
a tad more far from frogs or apes
it's hard to imagine how you endure
the being of me: it's tough I'm sure
to our irony could you ever agree
if you were anyone else but me?



-------------------------

occasioned by the challenge of an exercise (to compose some sort of "insult poem" directed at oneself)

bhav (Hindi) : feeling; or more exactly, spiritual emotion (especially as associated with art and literature. The word generally suggests an overall esthetics of artistic communication: for bhav exists both in the artwork and in the viewer.) ["pseudo-bhav" presumably amounts to pretentiousness or perhaps preciousness -- but one among varied flaws & foibles common to the immature ego. The poem of course quizzically ponders the overall problem of having (or being) an ego.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home