Thursday, June 08, 2006

"Whom should I dial?"       | 1   [villanelle]


Whom should I dial if you were my phone?
Jesus & Mary   Buddha & Shyam?
let me now wait for the dial tone!

Should I speak smartly or haltingly moan?
will you connect me directly to Raam?
who could I dial if you were my phone?

All the world's crazy! (grimace & groan)
tomorrow Iran   yesterday Vietnam?
everyone waits for the dial tone

Loveseed of word in receiver I've sown
(nestle in earlobe don't squander on palm)
whom would I dial if you were my phone?

Where's the ventriloquist?   (voices are thrown!)
in high Himalayas?   or stationed on Guam?
always I wait for the dial tone!

In a nanotech age   each device or its clone
might ghost as its double or drop a smart bomb
whom should we dial if you were our phone?
let us now wait for the dial tone!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home