Saturday, July 15, 2006

Monsoon Vignette II     [ekphrasis]


Hey little brother!   you've really advanced!
remember when you were   a frog just like me?
in puddles we'd plash!   O water's romance!
                    what ecstasy!

how wonderous is maya   with all of its dance
you died as a frog   and what do we see?
you've leapt up the rungs   to mouse circumstance
                    sheer poetry!

but now you're an earthling   with ants in your pants
does water so frighten?   you're a fine sight to see!
hop on! I'll be careful   we'll tour all of France
                    we've chemistry

our friendship continues   though we make an odd couple
I'm a frog in my sinews   you're a mouse who's in trouble
                    but sympathy
                    looks not askance


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this brought a smile to me. :)

jeff

Sun Jul 16, 08:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

good!

Sun Jul 16, 10:22:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home