Saturday, December 31, 2005

"I always do"       | 3

The third time that we met   I felt embarrassed
the problem was   I knew I wanted to use him
we met this time in evening   on a terrace
it seemed absurd   I feared I might abuse him

"You know" I said (my voice a little bit halting)
"I sometimes dabble in poetry"     "I know"
he answered   in his voice no hint of faulting
I guess he knew what way this talk could go

"I'll tell you what"   he seemed extremely frank
I suddenly longed to hear whatever he'd say
"just speak her name" he said   my heart now sank
and yet it seemed   there was no other way

"I fear" I said "you'll fall in love   like me"
"I always do" he answered   "let it be"




Back to FLAME & ASH.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the last two lines are brilliant!

Sat Dec 31, 11:39:00 PM PST  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

Many thanks, Ishqa.
The Gentleman has been kind to me.

Mon Jan 02, 06:07:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home