Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"Sauntering to a somewhere"         [sonnet]

Certain it seems   that I were meant to think of you
for here am I   engulfed in pleasant thoughts of you
that destiny would have me   sip a drink of you
were less than sure   for tenuous hopes of draughts of you

prove nebulous   but what of that?   my happiness
in this abides   the pleasure   of your contemplation
what care were mine   if moderns deem this sappiness?
since when became modernity   my embarcation?

I'm sauntering to a somewhere   past antiquity
what wonder   should I espy you in that land?
where hidden   it could hold in end   ubiquity
a thought   I far too vaguely   understand

precision   should it come to me   could look like this
your visage     in a gaze of dimpled happiness



Index (with links) to sonnets on this blog is here.

2 Comments:

Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

Lovely! All the classic skills but with a fresh creativity. Very nice. :)

Wed Jan 25, 09:12:00 AM PST  
Blogger david raphael israel said...

Twist,
gratified by the generous observation, thanks. ;-)

d.i.

Wed Jan 25, 11:21:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home